KAATSU means “additional pressure” in Japanese.
Its Japanese kanji characters look like this: 加圧.
KAATSU is safely and effectively used by athletes and non-athletes of every age, ability and background in Asia, Europe and the Americas in order to gain muscular strength, increase range of motion, and enhance sports performance. Its products are used by Japanese, Chinese, and American Olympic gold medalists and world champions, professional athletes, collegiate student-athletes, high school athletes, military personnel, and individuals from all walks of life ranging between 4 and 104 years.
- Kaatsu training, aka blood flow restriction training, allows you to use very light weights at high repetition, giving you a high-intensity workout with minimal risks
- Blood flow restriction training can stimulate muscle growth and strength in about half the time, using about one-third of the weight, compared to standard weight training
- By reducing venous flow, forcing blood to remain inside your muscle longer than normal, you quicken muscle fatigue and muscle failure that triggers repair and regeneration processes, resulting in rapid muscle growth
KAATSU – In Layman’s Terms
- KAATSU is a very safe, efficient, and effective form of strength training.
- KAATSU is a revolutionary method of exercise that was invented in Japan in 1966 and perfected through the 1970’s.
- KAATSU uses the moderation of blood flow in the arms and legs in order to exercise effectively and efficiently.
- Specialized pneumatic belts (KAATSU Air Bands) are placed on the upper arms and upper legs that place a safe pressure on the limbs that leads to an engorgement of blood in the arms and legs.
- KAATSU can be used by individuals in every sport and with every form of exercise.
- KAATSU Global recommends specific protocols and procedures for individuals whether they are training for performance, technique, fitness, or rehabilitation goals.
- KA means additional and ATSU means pressure in Japanese.
- KAATSU is supported by extensive research.
KAATSU Case Study